Position: (1912110216) Windows Server Team Engineer
Location: Santa Clara,CA
Duration: 6 Months
Server Performance, Planning, Monitoring, and Reporting
The Windows Server Team Engineer is responsible for the following primary elements of server Problem Resolution:
- Adherence to change and incident management processes
- Provide hands-on support and engineering work in the Windows server environment
- Provide hands-on support and engineering work in the VMware environment
- Assist team with server patching to ensure all supported are patched and protected
- Perform server administration functions such as scripting, group policy development and implementation
- Analyzing file server performance data when needed
- Establishing automated corrective action for server problems where possible.
- Assist with Client server connectivity issues.
- Assist with Network traffic issues.
- After hours support for server systems to be performed on a rotation basis
- Perform account audits, log reviews, system file audits, patch audits, service audits and ports/protocol analysis for servers that must remain operational. Review results of such reviews and audits with the project lead(s)
- Remove unnecessary and unwanted files, applications, services and accounts. Document all such activity in a network device change log
- 5 years minimum IT experience
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008 certification required.
- 5 years minimum experience in an enterprise server environment with both administration and problem resolution of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 required.
- 5 years minimum working with VMWare products. Experience supporting a large VMware environment
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and experience adhering to them in a production environment
- Windows Server 2003/2008 Active Directory management including DNS, GPO expertise required.
- Professional attitude, appearance and communication skills required
- Management of a large Windows 2003/2008 environment (5000 objects minimum) including modification of thousands of users utilizing standard scripting tools is desired.
- Systems management application (LANDesk, SCOM or SCCM) experience a plus
- CommVault and/or NetBackup experience a plus
- SAN storage management a plus
- Citrix XenApp .6.5 experience desired
Contact : Samuel McClain
Office - 248-603-2675
Mobile - 248-885-6685