We are looking for a lead engineer with experience designing extensible software systems with developer-centric APIs to join our team and help build the next generation payments application platform. Here are the expectations for the role:
· Drive design/architecture direction and discussions for the most popular payment systems in the world.
· Design elegant APIs that will be used by a large developer community
· Collaborate with other architects to create and document application architectures that can be leveraged for future re-use, and actively seek opportunities to leverage industry solutions for new business offerings and services
· Standards evangelism -- requires extensive knowledge of architecture standards, a passion for advocating their correct usage and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Highly collaborative -- work across the company to drive adoption of technical standards, design principles and architecture methodologies
· Develop prototypes to demonstrate the merits of a proposed solution
· Provide technical guidance and mentoring to engineers
· Facilitate reuse of components, solutions and technologies across teams and projects
· Maintain a broad knowledge of new technology tools and trends, and apply that knowledge to architecture designs
The ideal candidate must have at least 10 years of diverse, hands-on architecture experience with Java enterprise and Web technologies. The candidate must demonstrate strong knowledge and experience with the job responsibilities described above and the requirements listed below.
- Ability to translate business strategy into technical vision and strategy
· Demonstrated expertise applying design patterns that enable extensibility
Technology and Architectural Competency
- Extensive hands on experience with application development
· Experience designing RESTful APIs
· Significant experience designing large-scale, highly integrated systems
· Expertise with Java enterprise and web framework technologies
· Experience with industry standard architecture patterns and design methodologies
· Extensive experience with technical problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting
· Experience with large scale high traffic web sites such as Ebay, Amazon, Google, Yahoo, etc.
· Experience with performance analysis techniques to develop architectures that can achieve site speed goals.
· Experience with Site Security, OAuth, Certificates
· Infrastructure, Operations & Data Centre architecture design experience
Required Technical Skills
- Expert-level with Java Standard Edition and Java Enterprise Edition (e.g. JMS, AMQP, JPA, JTA)
· Significant hands-on experience with one or more common Java Application Servers (e.g. JBoss, Glassfish, Websphere).
· Significant experience applying architecture patterns around service orientation (SOA) and associated technologies and standards (e.g. REST, JSON, messaging).
· Fluency with common development tools (e.g. Eclipse, Maven, Git)
Thanks and Regards,
Direct: (248) 603 2676
28411 Northwestern Hwy
Southfield, MI 48034