|Title: Weblogic/Websphere Administration
Work Location: Irvine, CA
Projected Duration: 6 month+ contract
As a member of the Internet Applications team, the WebSphere/Weblogic system administrator performs the installation, configuration, and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of a WebSphere/Weblogic runtime environment. This includes the design and implementation of infrastructure from specifications, configuration and deployment of applications, connecting to back-end resources, and advanced troubleshooting of moderately complex software applications. This role requires the candidate to be highly flexible in hours of work because of its customer-facing, highly available infrastructure necessity.
- Deployment, administration and operational support of (production, staging, test and development) environments for multiple projects using WebSphere/Weblogic Application Server.
- Under general direction, devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems.
- Work with the development staff to determine project requirements for test/production environments.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications server activities.
- Keep current with emerging software enhancements, security patches and bug fixes.
- Monitor application server performance and respond appropriately.
- Modifies, installs, and prepares technical documentation for system software applications ? Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures, and provides Tier 2 technical support.
- Provides high level written communications such as white papers, decision documents, or research papers ? Identify, escalate and document production impact issues for the environment to confirmed delivery for client and business notification.
- 4-8 years experience with Web-based applications, SOA (Services Oriented Architectures) and Web application servers ( BEA Weblogic, Websphere).
- Competency in relational database structures and SQL.
- Experience with process documentation and process documentation tools (such as Visio.) ? Experience with Unix system administration and TCP/IP networking.
- Experience using Java, J2EE, XML, SQL and Shell/perl Scripting in a UNIX environment.
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills.
- B.S. Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering, M.S. preferred.