Position: (1912096403) Data Center Analyst
Location: Eagen, MN
Duration: 12 Months
Day to Day Work
Provides management and oversight of Mission Critical Data Center raised floor environment. Oversees 7x24 smart hands services supporting multi-client systems.
Analyzes customer equipment and system designs and publish placement of equipment in data centers Eagan, Salt Lake City and Roseville.
Maintain AutoCAD Drawings of data center floor plans.
Maintain updated Floor Plan AutoCAD drawings in DCIM Tools Rackwise and InfoTrack
Maintain Device Asset information in DCIM Tools Rackwise and Atrium as needed
Provide Sales and Solutions Architect support, data center designs and power and space estimates for proposed Projects.
· Estimates include Mainframe, Servers, Network and Storage device
· Requires knowledge of equipment requirements
· Provide data center infrastructure design based on customer equipment list.
· Requires knowledge of data center cost allocation scheme
· Presents solutions to customers and provides customer tours of data center
· Develops implementation project plans for customer data center transitions
Manages the build out of new customer data center environments.
· Work with Facilities and cabling providers to provide detailed design / build of new customer environment. Request cabinets and cabling oversee install process and budget. Ensure budget and schedule tracking and interface with account executives.
· Manages facility and contractor resources
· Understands and implements mission critical data center best practices for power and cooling.
· Specifies Amp, voltage and number of wires and size in electrical orders
· Maintains DCIM documentation of electrical power path and all device connections
· Maintains device library requests for new equipment from Rackwise Service
· Designs and oversees installation of structured network cabling.
· Interfaces with network, storage and other domains to plan best locations for server/network/disk/tape.
Manages process for Data Center allocation of space and power charges for customers using Rackwise DCIM Tool. Transition from current cost allocation spreadsheet process.
Manage computer system installation and deinstallation, coordinating with project managers, and Install Practice project coordinators. Oversees Continuous Service Innovation and Improvement Program (CSSIP) for install deinstall process.
Data Center Master Space planning for overall growth and individual project proposals. Works closely with Data Center Facilities organization to develop and maintain Data Center Master development plan and annual and 5 to 10 year capital budgets.
May oversee hands on system support tasks such as power cycling: routers, servers, switches, soft and hard reboots under ITIL Change Control and verbal direction of Systems Administrator and approved Unisys established processes. Independently evaluates urgent requests for work against established Incident and change management policies, works with requestors to put in place ITIL and Unisys required Change Controls.
Assists with management or upgrading of equipment components (e.g., cards, blades, cables, etc.). Moving and/or securing cable(s) and cable connections according to Unisys and Industry Standard structured cable management standards. Performs work under Project Tasks, evaluates change controls and implementation plans to perform work.
Performs data center inspections to ensure compliance with Mission Critical Data Center best practices. Performs cabinet inspections to ensure compliance with Mission Critical Data Center Best Practices.
Proficient user of current IT Service Management program (ITSM), to monitor Service Request, Change, Incident and Problem activity. Evaluates changes for appropriate relationships between projects, devices and associated tasks. Proficient user of asset management tools, Rackwise, Atrium CMDB, On Site Physical Inventory (OSPI) and Motorola Bar Code Scanning equipment, confirms locations, identifies and evaluates status of computing devices, conducts physical inventory and documents all physical connections on computing devices.
Oversees data center physical access processes, escorting visitors, clients, third party vendors, or other work personnel, in accordance with documented process. Verifies assigned Change or Incident records, confirms identity of equipment to be repaired or replaced. Verifies through verbal query, the purpose of visits, implementation plan for the work to be completed, validates approval of change requests.
Receives and documents shipments of inbound equipment. Oversees / Performs inventory and RMA of outgoing equipment and surplus items. Ensures Rackwise and CMDB updates whenever devices enter or leave the data center.
Applies extensive expertise and has knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical disciplines pertaining to power and cooling in a mission critical data center. Develops solutions to complex problems in Data Center Management. Work is performed with minimal direction. Contributes to and/or guides the completion of specific programs and projects. Supervises or oversees skilled and/or lower skilled/data center technicians, mechanics, electricians and low voltage cabling technicians. Incumbents in this classification are generally responsible for one or more of the following: delivery of data center administration and control services including back-up and recovery services, physical security and infrastructure set-up. Activities are focused on the management of the raised floor environment supporting mission critical production computing systems. Includes project management, scheduling, process control, data center power and cooling performance monitoring and CoLocation customer services. Responsible for setup of customer data center computing environments, installation and deinstallation of equipment, documenting all installations in Rackwise and ITSM Atrium CMDB, cost allocation based on power and space, reporting all equipment installed for multiple customers. Performs as single point of contact (SPOC) for multiple customers to provide data center support.
Technical and Behavioral Skills
· 4 year bachelor degree required.
· 2+ years Data Center Smart Hands, Media Services or computer operations support experience desired
· Technical certificate in computer hardware support preferred
· Knowledge of A+ Certification in basic Computer Hardware
· Understanding of ITIL v3 Processes including Incident, Change, Problem and Configuration Management. Certification of ITIL v3 process desired or obtainable.
· Familiar with cable management industry standard standards and Guidelines: ANSI/TIA/EIA-569-A – Commercial Building Standard for Telecommunications Pathways and Spaces and TIA-942, TIA Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard for Data Centers.
· Knowledge of Printed label standards for all cables and cords, distribution frames, patch panels and outlet locations according to TIA 606-B Class 4 specifications.
· Familiar with Power Receptacle types and definitions, Power Strip operation
· Engineering Technician skills electricity and cooling
· Proficient in BMC Remedy ITSM7.6 and Atrium CMDB (Configuration Management Data Base)
· Proficient in use of Data Center Infrastructure Management tools: Rackwise DCIM X and OSPI Software in addition to Motorola Bar Code Scanning devices
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
· Advanced Proficiency Microsoft Office, Visio, Project and AutoCAD
· Ability to work all shifts in 7x24 Support Environment.
· Ability to pass required Background Checks
· Physical Hands and Feet, ability to lift floor tiles and access under the raised floor and inside computer cabinets.
· Drivers License and Car to travel between other NA data centers as needed
Contact : Samuel McClain
Office - 248-603-2675
Mobile - 248-885-6685
At least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or an equivalent in education is required for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.