Title: Data Modeller
Location: Columbus OH
Duration: 3 – 6 months (may go perm)
Interview: 1 phone and 1 onsite
Skill Set: 5-7 years of Data Modeling (preferably with CA-Erwin or IBM Data Architect), Data Warehousing, SQL, DataStage or other ETL, great communication skills.
Stock Description (From Client):
• As part of firm-wide EIM Design Services team, participate in defining the data architecture ensuring alignment with enterprise standards and roadmap.
• Provide leadership, mentoring, and hands-on in the creation of logical and physical data models.
• Provide leadership, mentoring, and hands-on in the detailed data analysis using SQL and other tools during the creation of data models and technical ETL design documents.
• Provide leadership, mentoring, and hands-on in the creating of detailed technical ETL design documents.
• Participate in the ongoing development of productivity improvements by instituting standards and patterns.
• Provide implementation oversight for ETL solutions to ensure appropriate usage of development patterns.
• Comply with and provide leadership in evolving the IT SDLC and change control policies and execute detailed data analysis, data model, and design reviews in accordance with those policies.
• Look for opportunities to package deliverables into reusable components that can be leveraged across the organization.
• Bachelor's degree in a technically related field of study.
• 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing technology solutions preferably in a data warehouse environment.
• Must have advanced knowledge of SQL interacting with DB2-LUW, DB2 zOS, SQL Server or Oracle databases.
• Must have advanced knowledge of data modeling software, preferably CA-ERwin or IBM Data Architect.
• 3 to 5 years of previous DataStage experience or equivalent ETL experience.
• Other Traits, Characteristics & Experience:
• Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written