Title: Front End Web Developer
Location: Columbus OH or NY or NJ
Length: Project through Mach 2014
· Candidates must have a portfolio of their work (will not consider without a portfolio or examples of their work)
· 6-8 years hands-on web site-building experience
Drives innovation by building enhancements to the customer experience of the client’s website. Web presentation-layer (“UX”) specialist developer who bridges the creative and technical aspects of website creation and delivery. Responsible for all aspects of Presentation Layer development, including coding and QA of page templates and build of special content features. Leads and participates in projects; designs solutions in partnership with IT team. Responsible for evolution and maintenance of front-end codebase (CSS/HTML/jQuery) to meet business needs.
• Build and enhance site templates
• QA rendering and functionality on defined target platforms
• Extend CSS as needed to accommodate new data and display types
• Work with creative team to develop concepts for media and interactivity
• Develop, integrate, and deploy templates and/or content as needed
• Coordinate internal and external partners on larger projects
• Support website growth and strategic direction
• Support project or enhancement planning and scoping
• Draft technical/functional specifications
• Rapidly produce other interim deliverables (e.g. style guide components, browser analysis, prototypes, proofs of concept, etc.)
• Integrate with/drive innovation for other platforms: Social, Mobile, etc.
• Ensure absolute accuracy and high standards for detail throughout the development process
• 6-8 years hands-on site-building experience, with a focus on high-end brands or other environment with very high standards for presentation-layer build
• Experience integrating presentation layer build with middleware templates
• Strong site-build background with both technical and visual expertise
• Experience leveraging Web standards
• Ability to write pixel-accurate code that accurately replicates a designed layout across a range of primary target platforms
• Advanced jQuery
• Rich media experience (Flash, video, etc.)
• Experience with SVN and source control methodologies
At least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or an equivalent in education is required for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.