Position: 1912092554 Desktop Analyst
Location: Eagan, MN
Duration: 4 Months
Responsible for installing, maintaining, servicing and repairing (break-fix) desk side computer related products and legacy systems which include hardware, software, networking and operating systems. Equipment support may include Enterprise Server, PC & laptop computers, storage sub-systems and drives, computer and telecommunications systems as well as networking.
• Provides call taking and site specific support (DTS and Legacy)
• Provides maintenance and support on legacy products
• Installs and maintains PCs and associated software, networks, servers and peripherals
• High level of expertise in PC operating systems i.e. Microsoft/Linux/Unix, networking SW, anti virus SW. and all tier one manufacturer server, PC and printer products, OEM network devices, and document processing products.
• Supports network products from operational and maintenance perspectives
• Performs installs, moves, adds and changes (IMACs) as required
• Tests and certifies PCs, networks, servers and client approved applications
• Provides follow-up on problems or escalation, takes responsibility for potential or desired follow-up
• Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventative maintenance
• Maintains a functional understanding of company service solutions
• May lead and direct the work of others
• May have Project Management responsibilities for smaller less complex projects
• Maintains a high degree of professionalism in actions, demeanor and dress.
• Insures customer satisfaction throughout the service delivery transaction.
• A+ certification
• Specific Manufacturers certifications as required. i.e. EMC, Dell, Cisco, Microsoft, Unisys. COMPTIA, and NETWORKPLUS
• MCP, MCDST, and/or MCSE Certification desired but not required.
• HP, Dell, Toshiba, and IBM certifications strongly preferred
• Preferred Skills: Microsoft Office 2007/2010 Microsoft Windows XP/7 Blackberry Handhelds (Desktop and Handheld software) Printers and Laptops.
• Experience in troubleshooting software and hardware problems
• Knowledgeable in servers, storage systems, Microsoft/Linux/Unix applications, network protocol, internetworking, configuration, and possess advanced PC support capability
• Ability to test and certify PC, networks, servers and client /Unisys approved software applications and associated peripherals
• Ability to gain knowledge of and follow up on client specific internal procedures and service delivery requirements
• Excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)
• Ability to work and plan tasks independently, tolerance for stress
Contact : Samuel McClain
Office - 248-603-2675
Mobile - 248-885-6685
At least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or an equivalent in education is required for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.